Friday, December 19th, we loaded up early that morning as soon as Jason got home from works (he was on nights) and headed to Breckenridge, TX for Christmas with his mom's side of the family! We had such a good time while we were there! I talked about it before we left, but Jaycee got to meet LOTS of new people and visit with everyone! :) We also stopped in and visited Jason's dad's mom, his Grandma Ann, while we were there, and that was her first time to meet little Jaycee Lou as well. It was soo good to see everyone and visit with all the fam, the trip just wasn't long enough! Jayc had a littttle bit of a rough weekend; she didn't sleep as well and was a tad irritable. She's one of these babies that THRIVES on her routine! She's a wonderful baby, but when she's out of her element she tends to be a bit overwhelmed and can be hard to deal with. So, we loaded up early Sunday morning once she woke up, that way she'd be in the car in time to fall asleep for her morning nap! Jason went back to work Monday morning ((days for the first time in MONTHS--I'm sure waking up at 3:45 was ROUGH!)) and worked through Christmas day. He's been off since then, on his long change. (that means 7 days off, for those of you who don't know!) His time off has been amazing. I've been able to go and work out and it's just been SO much easier to get things done around here!
Every year we spend Christmas Eve at my grandparents. We have a big ol' shindig over there with the whooole fam dam, and it's wayy fun! It's definitely the most exciting thing that I look forward to! This year, however, wasn't so fun for us. Going back to talking about having a baby that needs her routine, she was ROTTEN that night! It was really sad, actually! She wouldn't let anyone hold her but me; not even her daddy. And she just about sobbed the whole time we were there. She was exhausted and wouldn't let us lay her down, or anything. Nursing didn't even do the trick, and normally it does! So, needless to say, that was a short-lived trip this year! But, it should be much better next year! Jason worked Christmas day, so Jason & I did presents Christmas eve night when we got home! He got me that AMAZiNG mirror I spoke of previously for Christmas! He also got me a pair of shoes I wanted, and all of it was a total surprise! I got him a Cavender's GC, because he got on a rodeo committee this year and wanted to go get new boots and a hat. That GC is already gone, too! :) So Jayc & I got up Christmas morning and headed over to my mom's. We did presents there with all of my family, hung out for most of the day, and we had Christmas with my in-laws that evening once Jason got off work. We received such an amazing Christmas from both of our families! My mom got me this beautiful bench I wanted for my house ((I'm wayy into home decor by the way!)), a pair of shox, an iPod touch, and a MAC GC to spend! She got Jason a whole slew of Texans stuff--folding chairs, grill cover, tin pail (with beer in it!), and koozies, RockBand 2 :) Shox, and a subscription to Sports Illustrated! His parents got us a digital picture frame, cookbooks (Di gets 'em every year, I still think she's tryin' to tell me something!!), and a beautiful handmade quilt. I also got a Target GC and 2 Coach bags & 1 Dooney&Bourke! Jason got a Texas Tech t-shirt (He's obsessed, and they had an amazing season this year!) and a couple windsuits. Jaycee got all kinds of goodies; much too many to remember, that's for sure! We are SO thankful for everything we received, everyone FAR outdid themselves this year!
We started Jaycee on cereal! And she's getting a little bit of juice here and there too! :) She's surprised me actually, she seems like she likes them both! The faces still come when she takes that first bite of cereal :) But she likes it! And she pretty much sucks the juice down too! I only give a few ounces every few days, but she likes it! It's not like she NEEDS either..she's 4 months now and weighs 17lb, 2oz!! She is freakin' HUUUGE! You should see those thighs ;) I guess she comes by it honest! Her parents aren't small by any means, that's for sure! She's been sleeping pretty good lately (minus last night!) She's been sleeping about 8-10 hrs here lately. Of course last night was New Years Eve and the one night I needed her to sleep and she slept like CRAP! So, I went to sleep at 1, was up at 2:30 and for good at 6:30. Luckily, she went back down about 8:00 and I caught about an hour nap. Overall, I can't complain though. I typically get a pretty good night's rest.
We celebrated our 1 YEAR ANNiVERSARY this past Monday! 1 year..we made it! Nothing too big, just went to an amazing dinner and spent some good qt together! It was our first night to really go and do anything by ourselves since our baby was born. We ate dinner at The Melting Pot, and I don't know if anyone reading this has ever been there, but it is AMAZiNGGG and I highly recommend it to anyone who has a little bit of extra money to splurge with one night! It's a fondue restaurant, and you'll leave there feeling like you gained 20 lbs in one hour, but it is sooo worth it! This past year, by the way, has been the best year of my life! I have an absolutely wonderful man in my life that loves me dearly, and the most adorable, precious baby girl God has blessed us with, and we couldn't be more thankful. It seems like less than a year ago we were married; I guess they say times flies when you're having fun! This year was nothing less-I've had so much fun with all the pregnancy//baby stuff, waiting for her to get her, welcoming her into this world, and spending every wonderful second with my husband! ♥
I'll be back to updating regularly now that things have slowed down! Today is January 1st, 2009!! Exactly one year ago today we found out we were going to be having a precious little baby, and to think how much she's grown already! I hope you all have a WONDERFUL New Year! Happy 2009! ♥

No comments:
Post a Comment