Sunday, March 22, 2009

"Surgery"

I'm not sure if many of you have noticed, but Jaycee has a bump right in the middle of her forehead, and it's been there for probably 3 months now. Jason makes fun of me, because every time I upload pictures I just photoshop it out. We first thought it was a bite of some sort, or maybe just a little 'baby pimple'. However, it started turning colors and becoming very hard under the skin. We saw our pedi about it twice, and the first time he thought it may just be a calcification of some sort from maybe bumping her head. When we went back 2 weeks ago for her shots, we had him examine it again, and he sent us over to a pedi dermatologist. We had that appointment this past Friday, and he told me it was something called a pilomatrichoma. From what I understand, it's very similar to a cyst. The good news is that it's harmless; it's nothing that can hurt her one bit. However, the bad news is that it can only be removed surgically. This doesn't require going under general anesthesia or anything of that sort, but there does have to be some restraining, numbing and they will be making the smallest incision possible to be able to remove the whole thing. We haven't set all that up yet, because I will be talking to my pedi about his opinion before I make any decisions. Jason & I both want it removed; we feel like a scar on her forehead is much prettier than the dark-colored bump! Jason is pretty bummed (Of course I am too, but I just keep reminding myself that this is NOTHING compared to some other's problems). He has some scars on his face from a wreck, and is very upset that at such a young age she's going to have a scar on her beautiful little face! :) It's really not that big of a deal, and she's never going to remember having it done. That's why I'd much rather get it done now. I just wanted to update everyone on what possibly might be going on in the next week or so! We will keep you posted! Keep us in your prayers!

No comments: