Tuesday, August 18, 2009

So long summertime ♥

I can't believe the summer is just about over. Although I am a HUUGE fan of cold weather and am not necessarily complaining, I just can't believe these last 3 months have flown by! I haven't had a chance to update on much of our summer at all. Although it has been almost all work, we've done a little bit of fun in between.

We left July 30th at 6am and headed to ViVAAA Las Vegas :) And let me just go ahead and put this out there, I think for the most part I speak for both of us when I say we were thoroughly unimpressed. Although we had a good time, I just think it is VERY overrated, and I'd be ok if I didn't go back for another 1o years! The highlight of our trip was our last night there, seeing Rodney Carrington live. Jason worships that guy, and he was quite hilarious. I really enjoyed his show. We did the typical tourist thing while we were there..walked the strip, yes WALKED..freakin' HORRIBLE idea! Shopped Ceasar's Forum Shops, drinks ;) the Bellagio fountains, Stratosphere, gambled a little too much, and ate a LOT of food! I am amazed at how much of a money pit that place is. I know it's Vegas and it's expensive, but damn! That about sums it up! I was exhausted every night, and I thought there wasn't a single relaxing thing about it. And if ya ask me, vacay needs to be relaxing. That's the whole point of a vacation..to get away and relax, be stress-free, and I didn't feel like that when we were there! So, next summer I sure hope we're heading down to a tropical beach or something along those lines!

I've also spent a lot of time lately preparing for Jaycee's birthday bash. We're less than 2 weeks away now and I am very excited! We have a lot going on this coming weekend..2 1st birthday parties to attend, a bridal shower, and somehow managing to run the business at the same time! I've missed 2 neighbors birthday parties lately due to the business, so I am realllly hoping I can have it all figured out this weekend! I committed to helping my dad's organization coaching the 16u team. I'm beginning to have some thoughts about that..I'm still gonna give it a go and see how it goes, but we're running low on time to do anything these days. Jason gives me grief, saying I complain yet continue to go non-stop, but I guess that's just the ways of a woman!

So we've decided in the last 2 days that I think we are no longer going to sell our house, and are rather going to stay and possibly put a little more money into some things we'd like to have there while we live there, and work on getting our money out of it in the next few years. We were thinking it'd be nice to find some land, build a shop for the business, etc but I guess it's just not necessary just yet. Our time will come. Until then I want to focus more on my family and raising my children rather than finding the perfect house. I don't want to miss a single second with my babies while they grow. No, no plans for the 2nd yet, not for another year or 2! I've gotta get this one walking before we can move on! haha The little chub doesn't walk yet..not even close! She'll be one of these 15-monthers just learning to walk! She's very comfortable crawling everywhere and doesn't plan on changing that any time soon! Jason and I work with her all the time and sit across from each other and say "come on! come see mama!" and she doesn't really get it yet ;) She now has 8 teeth! Her bottom 2 on the outside of the middle 2 are coming in as we speak! She doesn't talk a whole lot anymore..it's funny how much she's changed in the past 6 months..she used to just jabber away, but now she's a little quiter, a little more entertained by her surroundings, and screams when she gets excited! Literally! I love it! She is a 1 year old literally obsessed with Dora! She just LOVES her, I'm not sure why! We bought her a big Dora doll in Vegas :) ps-I SOBBED when I saw her at the airport when we got back..I couldn't help it, it was my first time away from her and I missed her so much!

We hope to see you all next weekend at the party! Save your entire Sunday afternoon for us, because we're hangin' out all day!! Let us know if you have any questions!

No comments: