Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sick baby :/

I've been slackin' on my blog! My mother-in-law, who keeps up with it, got on to me about not updating ;) Not really, just giving her a hard time! We just haven't slowed down..it seems like it's always something or somewhere that we've gotta be! Birthday party here, baby shower here, dinner dates, errands, etc. For ONCE, last Friday, we did nothing but spend time together after Jason got off work! We cooked dinner, went and got some ice cream, and just spend some good QT together! I realllyyy enjoyed it, and wish we were able to do those things more often! My job makes that difficult though, working in the evenings. Jason's off this weekend though, and as far as I know we don't have anything to do! Exciting huh?! I'm not sure if we'll do dinner for Valentine's day. I actually hate the crowds, but would love to have a nice meal together! We don't typically do anything special for Valentine's, we think the roses and candy are nice gestures, but a waste of money! To each their own, I suppose!

So, our poor little pumpkin doodle has RSV. :/ For those of you who don't know what that is, RSV stands for respiratory syncytial virus, and the smallest airways in the lungs (bronchioles) become narrowed and make it harder to breathe. It's basically asthma for babies! :) A little more serious, has to be treated or it can become a problem. So, on Friday, she developed a little cough. I had a small concern, but I just thought it was just some flem in the back of her throat and she just had the common cold. On Saturday, when she woke up, it was a bit worse, and the only thing I was concerned with was the fact that I've always heard that if there's flem in your system that you can't cough up, it can become pneumonia. So, I called my sister, the ER nurse, and asked her what she thought and if I should take her in. She told me I could bring her up there and one of her ER dr friends would check her out for me and see what he thought. He listened to her, said she sounded fine, and prescribed me albuterol in the liquid form to give her for her cough (it's a steroid). By Sunday, it was much worse, her nose was running like crazy, and she was now wheezing. So, first thing Monday, I called my pedi and got her in that afternoon. Come to find out, she has RSV. They checked her oxygen and it was good; sometimes with RSV, infants oxygen will be low and they have to be in the hospital for that. Him telling us that was scary, but she was fine! So all he did was prescribe us albuterol in the inhaler form, and we have to give her breathing treatments every 4 hours now! Poor baby, she hates them! She's gonna be ok though. We got a humidifier for her room, and are doing everything we can to keep her as clear as possible! She's drooling like CRAZYY right now because she has to breathe through her mouth most of the time!

This coming Monday I'm starting a boot camp for 6 weeks! I'm really excited about it, because it's going to be something very similar to what I was doing when I was working out playing ball. It's something that will jump start my motivation and get me going to lose the rest of this weight. It's not fun and it's not easy, but it's something I have to do. My parents celebrated their 29th Anniversary yesterday! I'm so happy for them making it so far, and proud to say I am their daughter! What an amazing accomplishment, something that I want more than anything in my marriage! Jaycee is rolling ALL over the place! She can roll 360's all over, but no sitting up yet! I think she'll sit up and crawl all at once, or might even crawl first! :) It's nap time, and she's not cooperating..so I'm gonna go help try and put her down!

1 comment:

Jared-Monica-Brooke-Caleb said...

I hope Jaycee is starting to feel better!!