Aaaaanndd that's pretty much our weekend recap! hahaha not really, but that's what we'll be up to the rest of this summer! We did go to a wedding this past Saturday evening. Our friend Ashley Hadley was married and it was a very beautiful wedding! We had Jaycee with us, and Jason was working days (which means up at 4am) so we only went to the ceremony and didn't continue on to the reception. It was down in Galveston and by the time we would have made it down that way and back, not only would it have been entirely too late for baby girl but for Jason as well. We really try to be in bed NO later than 10pm when he's on days. Not to mention, I guess that's how it goes once you have kids anyway. You gotta miss out every now and then. But it's always perfectly fine with me, because in my book I'm not missing out on anything if I am with her! It's when I'm not with her that I am missing out! I just can't believe how much she's grown over the past few weeks and how much of a big girl she's becoming! Lots of firsts have been happening around here lately! She is OFFiCiALLY scooting! She actually gets up to her hands and knees, crawls about 3 steps, then purposely falls to her tummy to scoot! She's scooted here and there every now and then, but now she specifically goes to her favorite things/places, which by the way consist of:
-she tries to get to the sound system and dvd player on the entertainment center (they're on the bottom shelf, should be moved up, I know!)
-my little sitting area where I have a small wicker table and chair, there's a plant on the table she can reach and she pulls the leaves off!
-she's discovered the spring door-stoppers and LOVES to play with them..no matter what room we're in she finds them!
-as of tonight she found out the cabinets OPEN! So, needless to say we'll have to watch that!
Even though she's basically crawling/scooting, she's still not all over the place. She doesn't follow us room to room, or really venture out just yet. But, she gets to what she wants with no problem, and she's also taught herself to sit back up regardless of what position she's in. AND, to add to that, almost every time she sits herself back up she claps for herself! haha it is HILARIOUS! I just love it! It seems like most babies are doing all this stuff slightly earlier than when she's done some of them, but she seems to be one of these babies that's slightly "insecure" and doesn't try much new. She seems to be less risky than others, and prefers to stick to what she knows and trusts ;) I know that may sound silly to some, but I'm telling you, watching her do her thing she just kinda sticks to what she's discovered..for now! I know it won't be long, and she'll be standing up on everything (which she tried to do already, just doesn't understand that her feet are what are holding her up! lol) and into everything imaginable! Cant wait ;) haha
Jason's back to working nights this week. We bought a new slide to add to our inventory for our new business, and it arrived today. We spent about an hour setting it up, checking everything out and figuring out how to roll it, and it went well. It's already rented out a few times this weekend! woohoo! By the way, my brother and I sat down last week and gave our website a whole, new look! Make sure and check out the new site ((www.bounceabove.com)) I'm off to bed; I got her down, put up curtains in her room in hopes of her sleeping a little longer in the mornings, and am gonna get myself some sleep. I haven't felt all that good today, hope I'm not getting sick!

No comments:
Post a Comment