Friday, May 22, 2009

Lets go back a little...

For those of you who keep up with my blog, PLEASE forgive me for being such a SLACKER! Ahhhh! After the purchase of our new business, we have a whooollle different lifestyle these days! We're gettin' it down now after a few weeks and figuring things out, but MAN are we busy! Back in April we had our family pictures done. I know I blogged about it previously, but I am just now getting around to uploading them, so the first set of pictures is from that. Again, she does an amazing job and she really is cheap for professional, on-the-spot location photography! Jaycee was a little over 7 months in these pictures I believe, and she's a few days from being 9 months now..


Me & my precious baby girl


Her precious bloomers were given to me from my cousin Brittany, I LOVE them!


This is a BiG framed picture in her room now :)
((it's our fave!))





My favorite one of all of us (even though she didn't get the memo to smile here!)


She was SO cooperative!


Big smiles! ♥


Us three again


Daddy & Jaycee



Her name is Sonya Lira, and her website is www.captureyouphotography.com, so check her out and make sure and let her know I referred you if you decide to use her! So, our little Jaycee bug..she has grown to be this little teeny person who lights up our life no matter WHAT she does! She amazes me with every move she makes. I could sit back and watch her all day long, and the smile on my face would never fade! She is SOOO curious these days! She still doesn't crawl, but she is SO close I can smell it! haha! She tries very hard, gets up to all fours all the time, and moves her hand forward and falls! Today, for the first time, she clapped! And she just about pulled herself up! She was trying SO hard, so I gave her a teeny little help at the end! She was so proud of herself, it's just too funny! She really may walk before she ever crawls..it wouldn't surprise me! And, it's so funny, because I don't care! I want her to stay small forever, so I don't care if she ever crawls :) I know a lot of moms are always "worried" their kid is behind or not "on time", or whatever..but seriously, there's nothing wrong with her, she just doesn't want to be pushed..she wants to do it when she's ready! I have multiple people telling me how their having to adjust their lives now that their kids are crawling and pulling up on things, and frankly, I'm glad we're not there yet! I still have to watch her like a hawk, but it's NOTHING compared to when they start crawling and walking! I can still lay her down and she goes right to sleep..I'm gonna miss that once she knows she can stand up on her crib! And I can put her down while I make a bottle and she doesn't run after me and cling to my legs just yet! I know those times are coming, but we're enjoying her just how she is! And it's ok if my little fat baby doesn't want to mobile just yet ;) Those legs are HEAVY people! haha! She sure does looove her mommy and daddy though! If we leave her with someone, when we go to pick her up she gets so excited when she sees us that she cries until one of us picks her up..actually, it goes more like she cries until MOMMY picks her up! Then she smiles! lol She does love her Daddy though. It's been nice..he hasn't been working the overtime at work because of the new business so she is getting to spend a lot more time with him when he's off. She laughs at him SO easily..it's just too precious! She also knows what the camera is..I swear, if I pull it out, she smiles! It really is funny! Everyone's always saying "Your baby is SO photogenic", and I'm like "I know..I'm telling you, she knows what the camera is!" :) I sure hope she doesn't have any interest in modeling though..us athletic girls don't do all that ;) hahaha These next few pictures are from the past month or two; just a few random shots. I could upload pictures all day, but these are a few of my favorite! ♥


I'm beginning to think she looks more like him..although we still have strangers tell us she looks just like me!


We bought her this shirt in Gruene, TX before she was ever born; Jason and I LOVE that place.
((ps-this kid will NOT wear a headband anymore..it's LITERALLY ripped off seconds after it's put on, so this shot is rare considering the outcome of the headbands!))


This was SUPPOSED to be naptime..and when I looked at my monitor, I had to take my camera in there and snatch this shot ;)


So, because she won't keep the headbands on anymore, we've temporarily reverted to the little bows :) This was her very first "ponytail"! haha!


This may just be my all-time favorite picture of my two loves. I love them!


Note: I USED to let her play with the can, because she loved it. After this incident (which she did this again in her carseat one other time!) she doesn't get to play with them anymore! They make a MESS!


Me & Jaycee at the twin's 4th birthday party! Her first time in her swimmie! :)


Still just our two bottom teeth! She's been a bit cranky and drooling non-stop, so we may be getting a few more soon!


Man oh man..As I'm captioning the above pictures, each one makes me laugh! She truly is a joy! I thank the Lord above every night for blessing me with such a miracle, and giving me something to remind me each and every day what life is all about. Baby girl, if you EVER read this, I want you to know you are the absolute joy of my life, and you have taught me a whole new meaning of life and all that it entails. I love you with all of my heart and I can't wait to watch you grow!


Jason and I will stay busy every weekend basically from here on out with our business..yes, it consumes every weekend, but it's worth it and we are really enjoying it. I would be lying if I said the money wasn't good, because it really is. It's a good workout too! Jason has goals//dreams of wanting to double this within the next few years and EVENTUALLY quit out at BP and be able to do something that he enjoys, even if it's less money. He truly hates his job and really struggles with finding the good in it, even though there's many out there that would give anything to have the job he does. We don't take it for granted, but I believe nobody should have to be miserable, so I am a fan of finding something that makes you happy and gets you what you want out of life. BP offers a great career, and again, he is thankful for what he has..so don't get me wrong. However, working shift work has GOT to be one of the hardest things there is, I can't imagine. And frankly, I'm ready to have my husband home every night. I want to be able to lay down with him every night, and have him here to help me bathe our babies and tuck them into bed. Most of the time he gets to do those things, but the nights he's away I really wish he was home. So, I hope we're able to make that come true for him and for us...sooner than later!

We've been setting up some of the slides here at the house periodically, usually to do a little work on them..clean them, replace some of the squirter hoses, etc, and it's paid off as far as advertising goes! We've booked a few events from passerby's, as well as become the "coolest neighbors on the block"! haha I LOVE our neighborhood and all our neighbors and am glad we're able to do something like that for all the kids around here. I know they really enjoy it, and I'm all about making others happy! :) I have some pictures I will post of all the kids on the water slides! They all love it! Well, I'm keeping my sweet baby niece, Kate, tonight. Lindsay's poor little family has had such a run of bad luck recently! Tonight she took Hunter over to the ER because she suspected he may have appendicitis. I'm waiting to her back from her, but bless his heart I hope it's not that. I hate for any young kid to have to have any sort of major surgery done. I hope everyone is doing well, I miss being able to hang with friends lately..I'm hoping once we get a little better at managing our time with everything that we'll be able to arrange for some dinner dates soon! There's some much needed catching up with some of you! We miss you all! I'm gonna get back at blogging frequently..I take pictures too often not to! :)

No comments: