It started when we tripped up to Dallas 2 weekends ago somewhat last minute to bring home our new business & all of it's assets! We had 7 RENTALS for our first weekend..amazing! So, needless to say we had to get everything into our possession, organized & ready to go! We spent the last week doing just that, until Thursday hit, & that's when the cookoff took over. Jason is part of a cookoff team for the GCF&R ((biggest county cookoff in the state of TX)) so starting Thursday morning at 7:00am, that's just about all he did until Sunday morning. However, in between, we had a few things that had to be done.
The first of them was unexpected; Wednesday morning when Jaycee woke up, I noticed her cyst had just about doubled in size, out of nowhere. So, I woke up & got her dressed, met my sister to pick up Kate, and went to get my hair done. I showed my sister & she wasn't sure what the deal was either, so I went ahead and placed a call to the plastic surgeon we saw a while back and went ahead and made her an appt for Thursday morning. So, Jason & I took her into the dr to find out that SOMEHOW the cyst became infected. Poor baby..they had to poke into & drain the puss to collect and send off to be cultured. So, they wrapped my poor baby up & restrained her arms, held her head down & POKE! The screaming began and Mama started crying! I know just about every mom can relate to this; they numbed the area and I really don't think she felt much pain, I just think she did NOT like being held down & messed with. It only last about 10 seconds, so it was ok. She was inconsolable for about 1 minute, even after I picked her up and cried with her! :) She did finally calm down, and they covered it with a bandaid. We kept it covered for 3 days, and it finally grew a little scab on top and is healing well. Once it is completely healed, I've decided I want to go ahead with the operation and have it removed. My mom brought up a valid point: the bigger that cyst gets, the bigger the scar will be from removing it. It's not very big right now, so I think it's an opportune time to go ahead and have that done. I learned that if something's infected they won't operate until the infection is under control.
The second interruption(s) was our new side business that had to get done this weekend. We had 7 rentals: 2 Saturday, 5 Sunday. Friday night my in-laws took the baby and we had a good time at the cookoff. We went home pretty early ((11:30)) because I became sick & Jason was exhausted. I didn't sleep at all that night, I couldn't breathe out of my nose, my throat hurt to swallow, etc. So, Saturday morning Jason woke up, headed to the cookoff, & I waited for Jayc to wake up and we went home so I could start myself on an antibiotic. ((I get tonsillitis about 6x a year, so I always have leftover prescriptions)) As I sit here I'm still sick, but am getting better. It got worse before it got better, as it always does! We met back up a little before lunchtime to get our Saturday delivery done, then headed back out to the cookoff. We left early that night as well, due to me being sick & wanting to get the baby home at a decent time and in her own bed again. We planned our day for Sunday, because let me tell you, it was a crazy one. Jason was up at 6:00 am to head over to help them tear down a few things at their tent, and I got up and got me & the baby ready. We were ready to go when Daddy got back, so we headed over to storage, loaded up the trailer, & began our 5 deliveries for that day, as well as the 2 pickups from Saturday! :) Not to mention, Jason had to go back to work Sunday night! AHHHHHH! I actually borrowed my dad Sunday evening and he & I picked up 2 of Sundays rentals that evening. Jason woke up early Monday morning and we headed out to grab the other 3 before the rain hit.
We're running on fumes, adjusting to all of this! Some may say we have too much on our plate right now, but I think it'll all be worth it. We're feeling overwhelmed from time to time, but I think it'd be different if we had jobs where we worked Mon-Fri, 8-5, but neither one of us do, which helps. We enjoyed what we did this weekend and are very excited that we were able to hit the ground running with the business. Jason works days this coming weekend, and we have about 5 or 6 rentals again this weekend. So, we'll have to pay someone to tag along with me and do setups, but Jason's going to go tear them down once he gets off work in the evenings. I think the hardest part is actually juggling the baby in there! The first few we did she rode with us and she did fine, hangin' in the car. However, Sunday night she screamed ((prob from being so exhausted over the weekend))! So, when I can, I will have to have someone watch her while we make our runs. Yesterday we took her with us to pick up 3, and she did good...so we'll see.
Speaking of Jaycee Lou, she just turned 8 months, weighs 22lbs, and is just about too big for 12 months clothes!! And this is a problem, because although I never thought I'd say that, I'm just about out of clothes for her! I had a TONNN of clothes up to 18mo, and I only have a few things from here on out. I have quite a bit of cute dresses and such, but I don't put her in stuff like that unless we're going to do something. I'm at home with her during the day so I love to put her in the little cotton shorty shorts and little tanks and tees..they're just more comfy! We got a few of the shorts from Target and Carters recently, but she's almost grown out of them! I have a little big booty judy ;) She gets it from her Daddy! haha I think here in the next month or so I am gonna turn her around and put her in her big girl car seat! She is just dang near too big for her infant car seat and she's SO heavy! No crawling yet, she's gonna be a late one on that..but that's ok, I know it gets crazy once they're mobile! So I'm ok with her not growing too fast ;) I know it's fun and everyone brags about what their kid is doing, but she's my baby and I don't want to make her grow any faster than they already have to! She still spends a TON of time on her tummy, and knows how to get to anything she wants, it's just not my going forward to it! She'll roll and then turn in a circle on her tummy, roll some more, and turn! She's hilarious! She keeps going for our entertainment center and all the equipment down on the bottom shelf every time she's on the floor, so needless to say we'll be moving that stuff up higher sometime between today and Thursday since Jason's off! I am officially done breast-feeding as of this last week; 8 months exactly, but I'm ready to be done. It was an amazing experience and nobody can ever replace that bond, but I was ready to be done, and she didn't care one bit about the transition. It got to where she was more excited about the bottle, so weaning was very simple with her :) I'm ready to work on getting my body back; yes, I've been working out, but for some reason I felt like I was using that as an excuse to somewhat hold me back. I am now going to eat less, eat better and keep up with the exercising. Gotta get ready for summer! She's calling me, she just woke up and only slept for like 3o min, which is VERY unlike her! It's usually 2hrs, 3x a day..but oh well, what do ya do! Playtime :)
Oh, and I have a ton of pictures, but I'll have to upload them all in a separate blog when she goes back down!

No comments:
Post a Comment