Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Got some catching up to do!

Try and keep up with us! We are alll over the place these days! I'll start with the present, and work my way back...

This week Jason is on his long change (7 days off) and we are taking full advantage of that. I am still working and giving my lessons, but we've been using his time off to make sure (or at least try) and get everything done that needs to be done. Nothing in particular, or really anything big, but just those small things that always seem to continuously be forgotten about or get passed up. For instance, calling Southwest Airlines to see about possibly postponing our Vegas trip to this fall. We're supposed to go to Vegas July 30-Aug 2, but our business is so busy and we have so much going on right now that I'd rather not head out of town for 4 days in the middle of all of the things we have going on. I am getting things ready for her birthday party, as well as working, keeping up with my house, and helping as much as I can with the business. Kate, our niece, has her 1st birthday party on Aug 2, and I would prefer to be around to help my sister out as I know she'll be there to help me out with Jaycee's birthday. My brother is home for the summer and is now working for us as well as Josh, who has been with us all summer, so that's been a big relief giving us a little more free time. However, we're still slammed, because we arrange and organize everything, and they just take the weekends to deliver//pick up all our units. But all in all, the business is going very well and we are very pleased with what we are doing.

We spent this last Sunday over at my in-laws. We bought a new slide last week, and we took that over there and set it up and had a freakin' blast! I love lazy Sundays out in the sun with family and good food! :) And drinks, of course! Saturday night, the night before, Jeremy & Terri watched Jaycee for us and we went to my cousin Molly's wedding. Talk about a BEAUTiFUL wedding..one of the most beautiful wedding's I've ever been to! They spent some money there..but it was worth it, well spent! The food was wonderful and I had such a good time! We never get to do that stuff anymore, so I really enjoy it when we do. My uncle, Molly's father, has been the lead singer in a band most of his adult life, and they're more of a cover oldies band, and are sooo amazing. This past November they announced they would no longer be playing and played for their last time. I was soooo excited to learn once we got to the reception that they were the ones supplying the entertainment and it was a lot of fun to see my Uncle Johnny sing a few songs again! We also had my friend Monica's little girl's 2nd birthday this last weekend, which we supplied the entertainment for. We went to the party, of course, and it's so fun to see the kids having such a good time on the water slides. It makes me feel good :) My mom bought us tickets for this past Friday to take Jaycee to see Dora Live, and I was soooo excited, thinking it would be so much fun for her being that she is truly AMAZED by Dora..but, with her age, she ended up missing her afternoon nap and was really cranky early into the evening, so my sister took our tickets and was able to fill the spots, because I thought us trying to take her would be a waste. I was afraid we'd get there and have to turn around from her being ridiculous. I really was bummed, but knew there wasn't much we could do and decided we'd try again next year :/

We didn't do much for the July 4th weekend. In fact, I didn't even dress Jaycee in any sort of 4th outfit because I knew we wouldn't be doing anything! Our business was by far the busiest we've ever been, so we had all 4 of us (Me, Jason, Landon & Josh) working to get it all done. Talk about WiLD! We ran 2 trailers and had 12 jobs on Saturday!! But, we got everything delivered for Saturday by noon, and spent the rest of the afternoon over at a friend of Jason's. We got to catch up with some old friends, which is always nice! We were up and at it again early Sunday morning getting all 12 jobs from Saturday picked up, as well as 4 more delivered! Needless to say I wanted to go to sleep Sunday night and sleep for about 24 hours straight....

Jaycee is slowlllyyy approaching 11 months, and we are soo close to her 1st birthday that it truly just blows my mind! That's my baby, and I just can't believe how fast time flies! I can't wait though..I know these milestones are some of the most memorable moments of their lives! Jayc is all over the place..and into everything. You literallyyy can't take your eyes off her right now. EVERYTHING is in the mouth, thrown and scattered everywhere, and taken out of it's place. If she can move it, she will! :) She tears through her diaper bag every chance she gets by taking things out one by one and throwing them to the side. I let her do it because she loves it, and it keeps her occupied and out of other things (for 5 minutes!) She pulls herself up on anything and everything in sight, and has started walking herself down the ottoman, couch, end table, etc. I don't necessarily think she'll be walking in the next 2 weeks to a month, but who knows, she could totally fool me and start walking tomorrow! I have no idea! Her top 2 teeth are all the way in, and she has been hilarious ever since they came in! She makes this same face all day, every day, and you can tell she's messin' with them inside there trying to figure them out! She's still our same good little angle, sleeping and eating all too well! She's my little mama's girl, and pretty much wants me over anyone! She loves her Daddy, of course, and lights up when he walks into a room. She crawl as fast as she can to his feet so he can pick her up and kiss all over her! She gives such good kisses, and I just love it! Jaycee loves anything that she can flip the page to. Her favorite part of her little activity tables are the little plastic pages that resemble books. We went to dinner a few nights back, and the entire time we were there, she stayed entertained by turning the pages of a book back and forth! It's so funny what keeps them entertained! She has an obsessions with the remotes and our phones, as most babies do. So, I let her play with them every now and then and she gets very excited! I could go on and on about her for days..in short, she's still growing every day. She is the most precious little human being and has every little piece of my heart!

I will be posting some party details on here soon so you can all arrange; I have someone making her custom birthday outfit as we speak, and we will be getting pictures done at the end of this month so I can get her invited made and out at the beginning of August..ahhh can't wait! These next few weeks are going to be so much fun! :)

No comments: